You are reading a read-only preview of our non-adult forum districts. Create a free account to post, react and see the rest of the site.

Create account Log in

gear and stuff

started by Drac · · 2 replies

#1
I do enjoy external media. I'm a dummy though and sold my 4TB external NVMe drive. It had tripled in price since I bought it. But looking back, I should have kept it, just in case. *sighs
#2
I only use external media for backing up things and detaching them from the network. I've got 8 TB HDD drives on the network, bought six of them before prices went through the roof. The only thing I use NVMe for is system drives, I tend to use smaller ones (1TB and 2TB) for that, data storage doesn't need that much speed.
Drac Drac Staff
I have a LOT of files that change quite often. I retired my old 2TB HDD and copied everything on it to the cloud. Copied everything off the 4TB external to the cloud as well. It's an offshore, highly encrypted cloud service. I currently sync my entire system to it in real time. It has 10TB storage and 14TB bandwidth. I can share stuff off it too, like movies and shit. It currently holds 5.23TB. A lot of it is static, but I love how it syncs anything in my documents that changes.

I made about $200 selling the NVMe external drive, even though our dog tried to eat it and it was banged up. lol

I want another, but they are like $800 now! 😱 I settled for a 256GB flash drive for now, which holds all my critical files, all my sites, renders, pictures, etc. It's too small for my music, though (around 1TB worth).

You are reading a read-only preview of our non-adult forum districts. Create a free account to post, react and see the rest of the site.

Create account Log in